Lake County Democrats 2022 Membership Drive
Democrats have made huge gains in Lake County, and we can’t afford to be caught napping in 2022. This could be a difficult election for Democrats. Historically, the party in the White House faces an uphill battle. And Republicans are trying to win at all costs — we’ve already seen that in their slash-and-burn messaging about Democrats across the country.
We know what the Republican Party has become, so we cannot afford to let them make any gains. The danger has not passed — not by any means. Trump’s enablers still dominate the Republican Party, even at the local level in Lake County. And almost every office, from Congress to the State Legislature to the County Board, will be on the ballot in 2022.
Can you help Lake Dems defeat Republicans? Please contribute what you can — right now! Go to lakedems.org/contribute.
Among the things Lake Dems is working on this year are:
- Recruiting and training lawyers and poll watchers for our Election Protection Team to ensure that everyone eligible to vote is allowed to vote. Protecting our elections is especially important now that our formerly Democratic County Clerk has flipped to become a Republican. As we know, Republicans are not interested in protecting voting rights.
- Promoting Vote-by-Mail to make sure that as many Democrats as possible vote and know how to do it. Our mailing to 70,000 infrequent voters in 2020 motivated them to vote. Having the funds to do that again is crucial. We also maintain a voter info hotline with volunteer lawyers to answer voters’ questions.
- Updating our robust data management system to help us target voter outreach.
- Encouraging individuals and groups who share our Democratic values to support our candidates.
- Offering support services to candidates and elected officials to help them create and promote their messages.
- Fundraising to help us get those messages out in 2022.
- Printing and distributing voter guides to help voters learn about our Democratic candidates.
- Recruiting and training more Precinct Committeepersons to make a difference.
We’re fired up! — We will continue working every day in every corner of Lake County to make sure we continue to move forward.
Be a part of something important! Join or renew your membership now!
We still have a lot of work to do at every level to support the Democrats who have been elected and fight to elect even more. Will you help make sure we put ourselves in the best position for Democrats to succeed? We expect this election cycle to be challenging because we have so many seats to defend, and Republicans are motivated to claw their way back into power.
Whether it’s $35 or $5,000, your contribution makes a significant impact.
Every dollar you chip in will make a big difference — whether it’s supporting our candidates, keeping the lights on in our offices, protecting our right to vote, or designing and mailing campaign literature.
To contribute, visit lakedems.org/contribute, or mail your check (payable to Lake County Democrats) to P.O. Box 671, Lake Zurich, IL 60047. Questions? Call 847-432-VOTE (8683).
Together, we’ll make sure our values are reflected in our government and keep our country, our state, and our county moving forward.
Lauren Beth Gash, Chair
Lake County Democrats